Background Checks, Coach certification
ASEPUpdated Sunday September 15, 2019 by Bertha Hebert.
Jul 15, 2019, 10:44 AM
I have also attached the following information so you may send out to prospective coaches .
Background check instructions
Coaching certification instructions
Link to map to determine your zone for registration
Link to Lafayette Parish Recreation and Parks Department website
Email and phone contact information LRPD Athletic Staff
Background Check instructions are as follows.
Go to this link:
MAKE SURE TO CLICK YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION LINK.
Here are the certification instructions.
ASEP Online Certification Procedures
The following is the mandated steps to become certified through ASEP for Youth Sports Coaching in Lafayette Recreation and Parks Department (LRPD) programs. Failure to follow any one of these steps may void any certification that is attained. LRPD and the Lafayette Consolidated Government (LCG) will not reimburse any person(s) who acquire or renew their certifications online. If you should have any questions please contact LRPD at 291-8375 for help.
1) Go to the American Sport Education Program (ASEP) website at www.asep.com
2) Once on the ASEP webpage you need to put your cursor over the “Courses” dropdown menu.
3) Choose “Find courses offered by my organization” from this listing.
4) On the right side of this page click on the letter “L” when searching for your organization.
5) Click on “Lafayette Recreation and Parks” from this page to see a listing of approved courses offered. Choose the “Coaching Youth (xxxxx)” course where the xxxx stands for the sport you are coaching.
6) Click on the “Add to Cart” button and follow the instructions to complete the purchase of the program. The cost is $19.95.
7) Email your completed transcript to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
8) If you need technical support for the online courses, please call 1-800-747-5698, ext. 2940 or email email@example.com
TO CHECK RESIDENCY
ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT WEBSITE
BILL VERRET 291-8368 WVERRET@LAFAYETTELA.GOV
DANNY COOK 291-8380 DCOOK@LAFAYETTELA.GOV
ATHLETIC PROGRAMS SUPERVISOR
WALTER GUILLORY 291-8375 WGUILLORY@LAFAYETTELA.GOV
ATHLETICS PROGRAMS MANAGER